Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Post 11





The first assignment was to watch Little Kids... Big World. This was about Ms. Kassidy's first grade class that is using all kinds of technology in the classroom. They use their Nintendo DS to be able to do learning techniques. They also use skype, make their own blogs, make videos, and they are only in the first grade!! They also talk about how to write a blog as well as how to comment on blogs without hurting anybody's feelings.
The one thing that I can say about this is WOW. I mean its amazing that these children already know so much about technology and they are only 5 and 6 years old. I think that by doing this at such a young age that it will revolutionize learning, and I think that is the ultimate goal when it is all said and done.
The next assignment was Ms. Cassidy's Skype Interview. I thought it was very interesting to watch her being interviewed. She really understands the use of technology in the classroom and really embraces it. She really understands that technology has become part of the everyday life of students and really embraces it. I like how she wasn't afraid to "take the leap" into technology and use it in her classroom. I also completely agree with her when she says that teachers need to be technologically literate and not just know the basic functions of a computer. The reasoning is because computers can do so much more for a teacher in a classroom. One quote that really stuck out to me is when she was talking about not knowing how to use a computer to its full capability, "you are handicapping your students and yourself." I really think that speaks volumes because it is so true. We as educators must stay up to date with technology. One thing that I like that she uses to help her students with their blog is something she said was Class Blogmeister. This video shows how to use this great tool.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tyler! I enjoyed reading your blog post. I agree when you said, "I think that by doing this at such a young age that it will revolutionize learning, and I think that is the ultimate goal when it is all said and done." I was also shocked at how young the students were and using so much technology. This is why we must learn and use technology too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete